Re: Insight 6.8

Hans Kester wrote:

Issue 1:
When I open my ELF-file Insight only shows me assembly code, not the
C++ source code. After reselecting the same ELF-file I do get source
code. We also get source code after downloading and running the
program. This happens with both debuggers and it still worked in
Insight 6.7.1.

This is odd. Can you open a console window and type "list main"? Does it show the code? For some reason, Insight cannot find the source code. Can you try opening a debug window?

Issue 2:
When I start the debugger for the 64-bit target, it starts in 32-bit
target mode. When I open the register window I only see the 32-bit
registers. After selecting the 64-bit ELF-file the register window
does not switch to the 64-bit register set. After closing and
reopening the register window I do get the 64-bit register set. I can
download and run the program without any problems until I stop the
program and open the register window again. Insight disappears without
an error or warning. It looks to me that it didn't switch to the
64-bit architecture completely. It works with Insight 6.6 but not with
6.7.1.

Insight suddenly disappearing is undoubtedly a crash. I wouldn't be surprised if the architecture change wasn't properly recorded/noticed by Insight's various windows. To find the location of the crash, can you repeat this while running insight on gdb?