Re: Adding a target?

Edward L. Hepler wrote:

I'd like to use insight to drive gdb and have included the appropriate
gdb modifications. The "gdb-side" appears to operate properly, but
I'm still having some problems with the GUI portion. I'd appreciate
any pointers you may be able to send that would help in adding a target
to the GUI... An error pops up stating that "can't read "PREFS_state(gdb/load/default-portname value)" no such element in array"

There are two preferences that are rather closely related, "*-port" and "*-portname". The former is used with serial connections and the latter with TCP connections. In this latter case, the TCP port NUMBER is stored in *-portname (I don't know why!). [YUCK!]

The "default" target settings are supposed to be initialized by TargetSelection::_init_prefs, which is initialized when the target selection dialog is CONSTRUCTED. Sigh. That's messed up, since interface.tcl relies on these values in set_target_name. Yich. I'm surprised this worked at all.

Alas, as a quick hack, try this:

1) add a call to _init_prefs in either TargetSelection::getname or TargetSelection::init_target_db. I would probably do it in init_target_db and remove other calls to _init_pref in this file.

2) define the preference gdb/load/default-portname (set it to any integer) in TargetSelection::_init_prefs (follow the example for default-port at the end of this method).

Let me know if that fixes your problem.