Re: Adding new target type

Keith Seitz wrote:

> This isn't going to work. Take a look at TargetSelection::fill_targets
> and TargetSelection::get_target_list. If you type "help target", you
> should get your target in the output. I'm guessing a line that looks
> like "target rtems-remote -- BLAH BLAH". The "rtems-remote" is the
> actual name of the target, and the one you need to use as the lead
> index in the target database instead of "rtemsremotetcp". The dummy
> "tcp" targets are for targets which have multiple connection
> possibilities.

Not really following you exactly, but... it works!  Here's what I put there:

  # RTEMS Remote
#  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,pretty-name) "RTEMS Remote"
#  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,defbaud) "38400"
#  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,baud-rates) {9600 19200 38400 57600 115200}
#  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,cmd) "rtems-remote com1"
#  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,runlist) {1 1 0 1}
#  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,after_attaching) {}
  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,pretty-name) "RTEMS Remote/TCP"
  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,defbaud) "TCP"
  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,baud-rates) {}
  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,cmd) "rtems-remote tcpX"
  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,runlist) {1 1 0 1}
  set gdb_target(rtems-remote,after_attaching) {}

When I open the Target Selection dialog now, I see "RTEMS Remote/TCP",
and when I select that, it gets pre-filled with 192.168.1.69, port 2159,
just like I want it to!  Of course, I'm not sure where those host:port
values came from, but I'm guessing its some cache action on the part of
gdb, as that's the last target I attempted to - is that right?

Note from the above that I was also trying to get the serial setup to
work, but that presented one oddity - when I selected the serial RTEMS
target, the Baud value started out with "TCP" instead of 38400 - odd.
But don't worry, I don't want to use the serial port anyway, and even if
I did, I could live with that.

Thanks, Kevin!!!
-Bob