Re: Problem executing insight 6.6 on Fedora Core 5

I figured out the problem - it's apparently a known issue with some X installations and the location of the rgb.txt file. Fedora puts it in /usr/share/X11/rgb.txt, whereas apps look for it in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 Putting in a symlink from the Fedora location to the standard location fixed the issue. (To make sure case wasn't an issue, I also added an entry for "Black" as well as the existing one for "black".)
\
Jon

J Sevy wrote:
I've downloaded and built Insight 6.6 on a Fedora Core 5 system, for cross-development of ARM systems. The configure command used was
./configure --target=arm-elf-linux --program-prefix=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- --prefix=/home/tools/insight-6.6/obj
Insight built fine, but when I try to launch it I get the error:

bash-3.1# arm-none-linux-gnueabi-insight
Tk_Init failed: this isn't a Tk applicationunknown color name "Black"

I thought it was probably a Tcl/Tk installation error, but I tried updating them with yum, to no avail. The non-gui gdb runs fine (but fails with the same error if run with the -w flag).

Any ideas?
Thanks,
\
Jon