GDB/Insight bug: nexti for target ARM-ELF

Hi,

I am using Insight 6.5.0 as a cross-debugger for ARM-ELF targets (Host is a PC running Debian Etch).

I am trying to run a simple program written (by me) in assembly language.
The executable has been generated using GNU AS and LD.

When running my program step by step:
- command 'stepi' works as expected
- command 'nexti' works as expected for all instructions except subprogram calls

Instead of stepping over subprogram calls, 'nexti' makes GDB hang and the only way to stop is to kill it.

The contents of the called subprogram seem to be significant: when adding dummy instructions at the beginning of my subprogram, 'nexti' works again as expected.

Moreover, the problem does not occur when debugging programs written in C.

The bug has been observed with these targets:
- built-in ARM simulator (target sim)
- remote/tcp target using the in-circuit emulator BDI2000 with an ARM7TDMI development board.

The same behavior has been observed with the command-line interface and the GUI.

I have just sent a bug report to GDB developers, but I am wondering whether this bug may be related to insight.

Did anyone experience the same problem?

Best regards,

--
Guillaume Savaton