Re: How to connect to running program via a serial port

Nik Shaylor wrote:
So with gdb I just type:

target remote /dev/ttyS0

and I can start debugging the, already running, program via the serial port.

When I start Insight it thinks nothing is running and the only button
that works us the "Run" command. How can I start Insight ina mode
where it will thinks the program is already running?

You have two options:

1) Open a console window and type your gdb command in
2) Open File->Target Settings..., and select "Remote/Serial", enter buad rate, com port. Use Run menu to attach to target. That should be all you need.

[The Run button is a little more elaborate. In the target settings dialog, you can specify what the run button does by clicking "More options". Currently the run button will ALWAYS either "run" or "continue" the target.]