Re: How do I build Insight

Steven Johnson wrote:
Hi,

Insight includes its own copy of Tcl, etc, so you dont need them to be already installed.

As for X11 not being installed, given Insight is a gui, it needs a gui environment, in this case X11, so unless you install X11, you should stick with plain GDB.

Otherwise installing for a local build is as easy as configure; make; (and as root) make install;

Steven Johnson

Is it already possible to keep them separate? I mean, to use the system installed libraries?
Or otherwise: install the TCL stuff in one dir and the GDB stuff in another dir.
On my system I keep each functionality in a separate subdir (toolkits/printing/security/development-tools)

Kind regards,

Jan