RE: Question

Joze Turkl wrote:

[  Joze, please remember to keep the mailing list in the To: line; I'm not the
only person on the list, and there are others there who understand ARM better
than me, and who might have seen your problem before.  ]

>>> I would like to debug code with insight but when I try to run
>>> executable(.elf file)  I get error 193 (error creating process).

> System details:
>
> WinARM *Version 20050819*:
>
>     * GNU-C/C++-Compiler (cross compiler/linker/assembler arm-elf-*)
>       Version 4.0.1 incl. stdlib3. Compiled from the FSF-Sources
>       <http://www.gnu.org> . The configuration supports ARM-Mode,
>       Thumb-Mode and Mixed(ARM/Thumb)-Mode, little/big-endian and
>       floating point-emulation (all targets which are also supported by
>       gnuarm)
>     * GNU-Binutils Version Version 2.15.94 (from mingw)
>       <http://www.mingw.org>
>     * newlib <http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/> Version 1.13.0 (build
>       for reentrant syscalls)
>     * newlib-lpc
>       <http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/download.html> Rel.4
>       (reentrant functions to fill newlib-stubs for Philips LPCs)
>     * GNU-*Utils* do support the compiler/linker (make
>       <http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/>, sh
>       <ftp://ftp.blarg.net/users/amol/zsh/> etc. all Win32-native)
>     * ARM header-files (register-defintions) from gnuarm.org
>       <http://www.gnuarm.org>
>     * *Example applications* with full source-code, makefiles,
>       linker-scripts and startup-code (partly tested with Philips
>       LPC2106 and LPC2129 ARM7TDMI-S and AT91SAM7S64 ARM7TDMI)
>     * Programmers Notepad <http://www.pnotepad.org/> Editor Version
> 2.0.5.48
>     * The lpc21isp <http://www.engelschall.com/%7Emartin/lpc21xx/isp/>
>       in-system-programming-software for Philips LPC2xxx and the Analog
>       Devices ADUC 70xx family by Martin Maurer. Included: Version 1.27
>       and Version 2.01 (BETA!)
>     * Bray Terminal <http://bray.velenje.cx/avr/terminal/>
>     * Insight-GDB 5.2.1 (old) - Win32-Native (devkit.tk
>       <http://www.devkit.tk/>)
>     * GDB (command-line without Insight) Version 6.3.50 from
>       Codesourcery <http://www.codesourcery.com/>
>     * Setup-Exe of Macraigor's OCDRemote
>       <http://www.macraigor.com/full_gnu.htm>
>

> With programers notepad I compile some example.
> for debugging I use Insight GNU gdb 6.3.50.20051115-cvs.

.. and in your other post you said

>+ output form insight console : error creating process
>C:\winarm\exaples\something\something.elf (error 193)

 Hmm.  That's the exact same error I get when I try to run a cross-compiled
ELF executable with my cygwin native insight.

  Are you _completely_ sure you're invoking the ARM cross-debugger
arm-elf-insight.exe and not the cygwin native x86 debugger under the plain
insight.exe name?

    cheers,
      DaveK