Re: Insight crashing when debugging invalid pointers

elmer.elmer@free.fr wrote:

But if insight is trying to display the same things (either using tooltips or
watch), the entire Insight is crashing !!!

I thing it is related variable evaluation like {$val value}
I checked the Insight scripts, all calls to {$val value} are secured with
'catch'.
Is "catch {$val value} result" supposed to catch GDB exceptions ???

I wonder if this behavior is specific to my built/target or more generic ...

Good guess. It's probably a problem in varobj (which is part of gdb). Can you run insight on gdb and get a backtrace of where it dies?