Re: step is not working

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 17:00 -0300, Jean Paulo Sandri Orengo wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I've just installed insight on my linux and tested it.
>    It worked fine when I run the application. But a problem occur every
> time  I want to
> execute the code step by step. When I visualize the code in "ASSEMBLY",
> it works pretty
> good, but if I visualize the code in "SOURCE" the program don't run
> well. When I press the
> button "step" it stays on the same line and don't make any progress!!!
> If  I put a
> breakpoint (in other line) and press the  button "continue" it works well.
>    What is happening with the step button?
>
> PS: using the "console window" the error messages printed are:

First thing to try is using command-line only gdb to make sure it works.
The errors you are seeing seems to indicate that there are some serious
problems with your configuration:

> Error while mapping shared library sections:
> /lib/tls/libc.so.6: No such file or directory.
> Error while mapping shared library sections:
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2: No such file or directory
>
> (step)
>
> Error: Warning:
> Cannot insert breakpoint -89.
> Error accessing memory address 0x28640: Input/output error.

Try using gdb (i.e., without the GUI) and see if that works. If it does,
we'll work on figuring out what's up with your setup.