Re: Insight Snap Shot

Keith Seitz wrote:

For anyone else building on RHEL/Centos-4, configure doesn't seem to pick up the X libs correctly; you need to run configure with the '--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib' and '--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include' options.

That's odd... That is the standard place for those things. Where does
configure think they normally exist? Do you have another set of X libs
installed or something?

No - out-of-the-box Centos-4, presumably identical to out-of-the-box RHEL4. The X include files weren't installed, but the X libs were. I think the problem is that this disti uses xorg rather than XFree86.

I didn't look at this in detail, but my recollection is that configure doesn't check for an X installation. Compilation failed when gcc looked for Xlib.h. I then installed the X11 development package, which has the include files. I think (not sure, though) that configure had assumed X11/lib/, rather than X11R6/lib. I can check the details when I install the 6.3 code.

thanks -

RT