Re: Insight Snap Shot

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 09:35 +0100, Richard Tierney wrote:

> > I've just had a bad start with the 6.1 tarball. If I debug 'prog' with
> > gdb, I get:
> >
> >  > gdb prog
> > (gdb) run
> > Starting program: prog
> > prog: error while loading shared libraries: libx.so.0: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > Program exited with code 0177.
> >
> > If I run with Insight, however, the gui hangs up after I issue the 'run'
> > command, and I have to kill it.
>
> Answering my own question - I was running insight in the background,
> which is how I'd run ddd; it needs to run in the foreground. ddd
> redirects output to the console window.
>
> Perhaps this should be written down somewhere? Or perhaps it is?  :)

You should be able to run Insight in the background. If you're running
natively, then be sure to use the Run button (at least once) and select
File-Target Settings... and click the "use xterm for inferior output"
button.

Now, as to why gdb won't run an executable (the whole libx.so.0 thing),
I haven't a clue. I don't even know what libx.so is. What host are you
running?