Re: Insight Snap Shot

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 17:40 +0100, Richard Tierney wrote:
> Steven Johnson wrote:
> > Building on what was discussed before.
> >
> > I have (sitting on my HDD) an Insight snapshot from CVS
> > insight-6.3.50-20050609.tar.bz2
> >
> > I would like to put it somewhere official as a convenience for people to
> > use, instead of CVS.  It has had a number of fixes/improvements over the
> > previous official release, and builds for me (tested only with a PowerPC
> > embedded target).  I would then like to cut a new snapshot, leading up
> > to an official insight-6.4 release in synch with GDB as improvements
> > dictate.  The idea of the snapshots is to get as wide an audience as
> > possible for testing leading up to an official 6.4 version.
>
> I'd like this if possible - did you get anywhere with finding a home for
> it? I can't find it on either ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/releases/
> or ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/current/.

The sourceware gods have given us a place to put stuff: pub/insight. We
can do whatever we want with it.

I'll start the whole thing off by doing a snapshot. Probably won't be
doing diffs or anything like that to start with, but at least a snapshot
every Monday.

For the most part, I guess I'll follow the gdb snapshot conventions.
I've put a weekly snapshot based this morning's sources in
pub/insight/snapshots/current.

Unfortunately, they don't build because of a build problem in BFD.