Re: Current Status of Insight

>> But what Java does not have - is a command line it is
>> compiled langauge Tcl/Tk - it is some what enherent.
>
> Well, something similar could be implemented in Java with BeanShell
> (http://www.beanshell.org/). jEdit uses this.

It seems a lot simpler to simply encourage Insight/GDB as it present stands,
to be officially (or even semi-officially) considered as part of the GDB
release, and maintained as interest allows along side if it; and remain
complemented with the separately maintained TK/TCL library etc. as may be
necessary in parallel; similar to the way it is now, but without the sigma
of "it's dead" lying over it's head.

(Although I'm personally not fan of TK/TCL, I seriously doubt any attempted
re-architecture would end up being more productive than disruptive; so an
in-place successive refinement seems simplest and most logical.)