Insight5.3 and Dynamically Linked Libraries

I have been using Insight 5.3 for about a year with static
libraries.  Recently we started linking with a few dynamically
linked libraries, and Insight stop working.  It starts normally,
with the usual source and console windows, but the execution
cannot start.  (The program executes fine when not run under
Insight.  The proram also runs fine under the plain-old "gdb",
or even a debugger like "DDD".)

Does Insight support Dynamically Linked Libraries?
If so how do I turn that feature on?   Any suggestions
from the experts?

Thanks in advance.

-sinan