Re: Problem with Remote/Serial in Insight

Keith Seitz wrote:
On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 13:29, Bernhard Walle wrote:

[~/devel/remdbg/stubs/neu] $ m68k-elf-gdb
GNU gdb 6.1
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=m68k-elf".
(gdb) file test.out
Reading symbols from test.out...done.
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS14
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS14
0x00010f74 in breakpoint () at m68k-stub.c:1206
1206 BREAKPOINT ();
(gdb)

Okay, so now what's the next step to start the stub executing?

Simply for example "break 23" and then "cont". I think that's the normale way stubs work.

Well, to say the truth, it doesn't work very well in the moment because the stubs don't work very well. But I didn't program/adapt the stubs, that was another person in my team and he's working on that. Sometimes it work, sometimes not. But with Insight, I always have this problem.

But if you think that the problem in Insight has something to do with a problem with the stubs, then please tell me!

Regards, Bernhard