Re: Insight release schedule

Keith Seitz wrote:

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 12:08, Duane Ellis wrote:

Again - hairbrained... Lots of work... And very radical. But the
benifit and/or win would be enormous.

Radical for gdb maybe, not for me. Not hairbrained, either. This is
definitely something that Jim Ingham, Martin Hunt, Fernando Nasser, and
I have talked about many, many times before (long, long ago now, it
seems).

FWIW, I've always liked this idea. It would be so much easier for people
to create custom views of their data/memory/etc. One really neat thing
that you could do is write some really elaborate breakpoint conditions.
Image using strcmp [hmph, "string compare" :-)] in a breakpoint
condition. Lo! How I wish I could have done that trying to chase down
symtab problems in gdb!

Umm... can't you already do that? break X::Y if(!strcmp(Z, "wibble"))

Pity about the licence problem. I'm just working up to dumping gdb entirely, and spending $900 on totalView, although it seems to have some C++ issues.

Evan