Re: Getting an insight 6.1 executable on Cygwin

On 9 Jul 2004 at 13:03, Keith Seitz wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 12:56, E. Weddington wrote:
> > > Hopefully the whole acceptance mess will get straightened out soon, and I
> > > can spend some serious time fixing this and a host of other problems
> > > creeping up in insight now.
> >
> > I've only just heard about this. Do you have any knowledge of the status of
> > this?
>
> Andrew Cagney (FSF gdb maintainer) is trying his best to get Red Hat and
> the FSF to iron out any problems. He's been trying for months. I don't
> really understand what the problem, and I'm not even sure I want to
> know.

I'm sorry there's frustration with this situation. I can't imagine what the
issue(s) might be. But who knows with the FSF/RMS.

> I may go back and try to rip insight away from tcl, tk, and itcl. At
> least then I'll be able to use any version of tcl/tk, and I could make
> RPMs for linux, and maybe I would pick up the package management on
> cygwin.

What do you mean by rip insight away from tcl, tk, and itcl? Do you mean away
from the sourceware repository versions of these?

If you can make a version of Insight that can use any version tcl/tk, I would
bet that others would be interested in this. I know that several people would
love to be able to put together a GDB/Insight (usually for cross toolsets) with
host=mingw and to get it *away* from requiring Cygwin. Having Insight require
Cygwin's tcl/tk libs is a big PIA.

Eric