Re: problem building 6.1 for powerpc on cygwin

What you need to do is have the base cygwin install *plus* the development packages *including* tcl\tk (not the sources) from cygwin. Then, I checked out from CVS the insight+dejagnu tree.

export host=`$curdir/*-${insight_version}/config.guess`
export build=`$curdir/*-${insight_version}/config.guess`
export target=powerpc-motorola-elf # yours will be something different.
${curdir}/insight-${insight_version}/configure --prefix=$prefix --target=$target --host=$host --build=$build
make CFLAGS:=-DUSE_SYS_TYPES_FD_SET $packaging_dir 2>&1 | tee make.log # I am using a very old cygwin with an up to date cygwin tcl/tk
make CFLAGS:=-DUSE_SYS_TYPES_FD_SET $packaging_dir install 2>&1 | tee install.log # I am using a very old cygwin with an up to date cygwin tcl/tk

sps

Marc Schafer wrote:

I applied the patch but still ended up with errors from the build of tcltk.  Can you use tcltk from cygwin
instead of building the one inside the insight tree?

thanks,
marc

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen & Linda Smith" <ischis2@cox.net>