Re: Insight and mingw GUI-programs

Quoting "A. Klingenstein" <klingens@web.de>:

> I compiled Inisight 6.0 and 5.3 (todays CVS errored on compile in the
> UI) with the latest cygwin.
> Now I want to debug a graphical Windows program compiled with Dev-C++
> which uses mingw, but Insight won't find the debug info and will display
>
> only asm, no source. Function names it knows tho. If I try a console
> program, everything works alright

If insight cannot find source code, it almost certainly means that your
executable was not compiled with debug info. Make sure "-g" is passed to your
executable.

You can double-check this in insight by opening a console window and typing, e.g.
"info func main" (substitute for any function other than main if you like).

If gdb finds symbols for it, I would then try using "tk gdb_loc main" (or
whatever function). This is the function that insight uses to locate source
locations. What does it say?