From: Daniel Atallah [mailto:daniel_atallah@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 10:26 AM
To: SMore@empirecorp.org; cygwin@cygwin.com; insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: wincvs and cygwin

I believe that this is related to the problem that i
have with gaim.

If the tcl dll included with cygwin conflicts with the
native win32 tcl (still a problem if you don't have
native tcl installed)

When wincvs tries to start up, it probes for a tcl
dll, and when it finds it it tries to load it.  If it
is the cygwin tcl dll, it will cause the program to
exit.

>From what i can tell, the best way to solve this would
be for the cygwin tcl dlls to be named differently,
e.g. "cygtcl84.dll" instead of "tcl84.dll" (this is
what is done for perl and others).

>From what i understand, the Insight crew maintain the
cygwin tcl, so i have posted this message to their
list as well.

-D