RE: building insight with mingw

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 12:37, Dave Murphy wrote:
> I've managed to get past the ide_cygwin_path stuff now, everything compiles
> and installs but Insight just stops for no readily apparent reason.
> Attempting to debug gives me a SIGSEGV in mscvrt.dll relating to setjmp
> which is confusing me a little.

I think you've hit the proverbial brick wall. Gdb uses setjmp/longjmp,
and I suspect it always will.

Apparently, there may be API errors between the unix way and the windows
way of dealing with this call. Here's a start: Is it possible that gcc
and msdev are using different memory layouts?

I would try writing a small test application which does setjmp/longjmp
and compiling that with mingw gcc. Does it work work?