Re: building insight with mingw

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 10:25, Dave Murphy wrote:
> does anyone read this list?

Sorta. ;-)

> I'm currently trying to build gdb/insight under mingw. So far I've managed
> to get it to compile and install but not work as yet. Insight complains
> about invalid command name "ide_cygwin_path" - I've enabled this in
> tclwinpath.c but so far no joy. Is there anything else I need to do to get
> tcl to recognise this command?

I wasn't aware that one could compile gdb under mingw. Oh well, shows
how out of touch I am...

ide_cygwin_path is defined in libgui (src/libgui). It only compiles for
cygwin. Since you are building for mingw and not cygwin, it is not being
built.

However, Insight has a ton of code which assumes that if it is running
on windows, it must be under cygwin. You will need to search for all
cases like this and distinguish between running on cygwin and running on
mingw.