Re: building Tk from the src tree

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 23:20, Ben Elliston wrote:
> I'm trying to build Tcl/Tk from the src tree on a Cygwin system that
> has no previous installation of Tcl/Tk.  I'm striking a problem
> whereby tk/win/configure invokes SC_PROG_TCLSH to find a tclsh shell
> for building purposes -- it searches the user's $PATH and the build
> tree for tclsh, but the tcl build directory will have only been
> configured, not built.  How is this meant to work?

I just noticed this myself. Since we now use the same configury as the
standard Tcl and Tk (the installation dir tweak aside), I would say this
is a problem with Tk configury upstream.

Nonetheless, it seems to me that we should be able to fix this
ourselves. Have you tried making configure-tk depend on all-tcl? I doubt
that it would work (at least on Cygwin) without some more tweaking...

I haven't looked at it any, though.