Re: insight setup for cross debuggin

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 14:51, shamile@edgewater.ca wrote:
> I want to use insight for cross debugging. I already have GDB and  GCC
> configured for cross compiling. Can you explain how to compile insight for
> cross debugging i.e. what options I need to pass for ./configure, make and
> make install.
> My host is an x86 running linux
> target is PPC.

If you've got gdb configured to run in your environment, you're already
done. Insight IS gdb. Gdb IS insight. Unlike DDD and most (all?) other
GUIs for gdb out there, Insight is exactly the same executable as gdb.
You build gdb, you get Insight. You build Insight, you automatically get
gdb. The only difference is the UI and a small startup tweak to specify
whether the default run will start Insight or the command line. [Of
course, the insight sources must be present in the gdb build when it is
configured for it to actually work...]