TK/X problem

Hi folks,

I'm using a version of Insight 5.0 that was modified by a 3rd party to support their embedded development systems. Originally it was released under Cygwin, however I obtained the sources and built it under Redhat Linux 8.0 (it built straight out of the box, no modifications necessary).

Successfully that is, except for one small annoyance. For some reason, my combination of Insight/Tcl/Tk/X server/X windows client is causing "drop down combo boxes" (or whatever the official name is) to be drawn incorrectly. The boxes I mean are all the source file/function selection boxes, the target selection boxes, and so on. Ordinary menus work properly, as do the "right click" popup menus.

I can still fire up Insight, open the console, connect via the gdb commands, then browse the source and single step etc in Insight, but it kind of defeats the purpose.

As I said, I'm using RH Linux 8.0 straight off the disks, and the xwin32 v5.4 X client on a PC for display.

Can anyone suggest where I should start looking for the source of this problem? When I did configure, make and make install no errors were reported.

Thanks,

John