Re: Can not view source under windows

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 02:56, Tomas Dahle wrote:
> And just because I'm curious, does ./configure and make in cygwin using gcc
> 3.2 work? After I got all the tools it missed, I ended up with a compile
> error. I just want to know if its doing something wrong, or if ./configure
> and make simply does not do the job on cygwin.

There is only one trick to compiling right now, largely because I keep
forgetting to "fix" it. If your source directory contains the "tix"
directory, REMOVE it before running configure.

Here's how I build insight, regardless of host platform:

$ cvs co insight+dejagnu
[time passes
$ ls
src/
$ mkdir cygwin  <-- or linux or hpux or whatever host I'm on; if I do a
                    cross, I use "cygwin-ppc" or "cygwin-mips-elf" etc
$ cd cygwin
$ CFLAGS="-g" ../src/configure --prefix=`pwd`/built \
    --exec-prefix=`pwd`/built/H-i686-pc-cygwin
$ make all-gdb
$ make install-gdb

That's it. There is no real magic (the tix thing excepted right now).

In fact, I'm attempting to configure and build it right now on cygwin
using this procedure.