Why is PASCAL undefined in win/tclWinPort.h?

Hello.

A user on the Source-Navigator list tracked down a problem calling gnu client under
Windows. It seems the cause was the "#define PASCAL" in the sources version
of win/tclWinPort.h.

Sources version of Tcl 8.3:

#include <winsock2.h>

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#define __USE_W32_SOCKETS
#include <windows.h>
#undef WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#define PASCAL
#endif

Net version of Tcl 8.3:

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include <windows.h>
#undef WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

#include <winsock2.h>

Why would the sources verson differ? I have no idea. This only matters for
a VC++ compiled program, so I can't imagine it could effect Insight in any
way. The only ChangeLog entry I could find on the subject seems to suggest
that the code is not correct.

1998-11-24  Syd Polk  <spolk@cygnus.com>

	* win/Makefile.in: Under MSVC, use the Tcl dumpexts method
	to generate exports.
	* win/tclWinPort.h tclWinSock.c: Do not #define PASCAL away.
	It is needed in calls to DLLs.

Any objections to removing that undefine? I will do some more testing
before posting a patch, I was just wondering if this rings a bell with
anyone.

thanks
Mo DeJong