Re: Is it possible to save window size and position preferences?

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Hartman, John (St. Paul) wrote:

> Is it possible to save window size and position preferences for Insight?  It
> is really tedious to have to open, size, and place all windows every time I
> run.

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure we do this already. I know when I run Insight, I
always get my source and console windows exactly where I left them...

> There is a bunch of preference stuff in gdbtkinit, but window size and
> position doesn't seem to be part of it.  The "help" file doesn't say much
> except to list the menu options in a font too teeny to read.

Ah, I see what's going on (and I don't really like it, either)... We save
the geometry of any _open_ windows when Insight is exited. Once they are
saved like this, these settings will never go away (unless you delete your
preferences file). So even if you close them, they will show up the
"right" way next time.

It does this on unix and cygwin/windows.