Re: [RFA] Move "search in editor" entry box.

Assuming this is still open for discussion....

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:33:12 -0800 (PST) Ian Roxborough wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:23:26 -0800 (PST) Keith Seitz wrote:
>
>> I thought we were going to move it to a dialog which would allow you to
>> search for text, regexp, match case, goto a line number, etc?
>
> Yeah, that would be it's intended and prefered destination.

I'll retract that statement.  I don't think moving it into a
dialog would improve Insight.  I do think that there is room
for both a search box on the toolbar and a pop search dialog
with extended features.

I think removing the search box from toolbar will only add
extra hoops for users to jump through to perform a simple
search. (If you had the choise, which would you use for a
simple string search.)

Anyway I would still like to check this patch in, once I've
moved the find box, I can submit the patch to label the
comboboxes.

Ian.