Re: FW: Insight Installation Bug

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Raymond Jou wrote:

> I am encountering an installation bug that Insight looks for the Tcl library
> in
> $install_dir/libgui/library
> rather than in
> $install_dir/share/cygnus/gui

I've never seen this before...

> linux04:/home/raymondj/work/install/Linux>bin/gdb
> ide_initialize_paths failed: Can't find the GUI Tcl library in the following
> directories:
> /usr/share/cygnus/gui
> /share/cygnus/gui
> /home/raymondj/work/install/Linux/libgui/library
> /usr/share/cygnus/ide
> /share/cygnus/ide
> /home/raymondj/work/install/Linux/libide/library
>

> linux04:/home/raymondj/work/build/build_test/SW/tools/insight-5.0>head
> config.status
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # This file was generated automatically by configure.  Do not edit.
> # This directory was configured as follows:
> ./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=osp192 --program-prefix=c --pr
> efix=/home/raymondj/work/install/Linux --norecursion
> #

May I recommend that you not build in the source directory? This may be a
total red herring, but I definitely do not recommend doing this.

Based on the configury that I see above, I would expect libgui to look in
/home/raymondj/work/install/Linux/share, but it doesn't... I don't know if
there was something wrong with the 5.0 release (could be, it was a really
random, bit-rotted "release" compared to what's available now).

Try searching the mailing list? I dunno what else to say...
> Our Insight/gdb code base was Insight-5.0 that we downloaded back in April
> of 2001.  Thank you very much for your help.

Ok, not what most people want to hear, BUT... Have you tried a newer
version of insight? CVS is a little broken right now, but the 5.1 branch
is not too bad. If it works there, we would at least have something to
look at...

FWIW, here's how I build:

$ ls
src/
$ mkdir linux
$ cd linux
$ ../src/configure --prefix=/home/keiths/insight \
--exec-prefix=/home/keiths/insight/H-i686-pc-linux
$ make all-gdb install-gdb

See if doing this helps any. I'll see about getting the 5.0 "release" and
building it as you have.