Re: Can't attach

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Laurent Duperval wrote:

> (ManagedWin::_create) error reading "file4": interrupted system call
>     while executing
> "gets $psH line"
>     (object "::.attachdlg0.attachdlg" method "::AttachDlg::list_pids" body line 31)
>     invoked from within

Well, this is the (symptom of the) problem...

The AttachDlg simply spawns "ps" and reads the output, line by line. I
presume it does it this way to be frugal with memory... Otherwise, the
alternative is to just exec ps and parse the output all at once. Perhaps
this has a better chance of running on your system?

Now the real question is, why is the read being interrupted (by what
signal?)? I dunno.

Do you have a RH box around to try your version of gdb on? If not, could
you put a tarball somewhere for me to try it?

FWIW, this works just fine with my RH7.0 box.

Afraid I dunno what else to say...