Re: Patch: saving breakpoints

>>>>> "Fernando" == Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> writes:

Fernando> If: 1) The experience shows us that may be a better way
Fernando> AND
Fernando> 2) Someone does find the time to implement another algorithm
Fernando> then we can always change or improve the heuristic in the
Fernando> future.  But it is time to move ahead and add some new
Fernando> features.

As a general approach I strongly agree with this.  It is very
scientific, and we've seen before how improvements come from using the
existing code for a while and then seeing how it could be better.

Fernando> P.S.: Last time I asked Tom to postpone it because we had
Fernando> some other priorities and the code he needed to change was
Fernando> undergoing some changes.  It was just bad timing.

Yeah.  This patch is actually based on the old one but is more
complete.

Tom