Re: Angel not present

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> >2) Old versions of Cygwin had a problem with the serial port.  The
>
> I have observed this problem with Cygwin 1.1.8, which is the currently
> downloadable version. It can be alleviated a _little_ by disabling FIFOs on
> the host-side's serial port. However the debugging link is still very, very
> fragile, especially in Win9x.

I have never seen this problem on recent Cygwins, but it maybe because I
use NT4.0 and Win2000.  Cygwin was designed (and it is only officially
supported) for NT (and has been upgraded to Win2000) so I have always
hearing about some little problems on Win9x machines.

My experience with Win9x was disastrous for everything else as well.  I
had a machine with the MS office stuff plus Quicken and some other off
the shelf Windows applications.  At least one crash and one reboot a
day.  Until I gave up and upgraded to NT.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300