Re: multiICE or embeddedICE support from insight

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Rajeev murthy wrote:

> I am using ecos for an ARM core.but i am facing problems with debugger(Insight
> 5.0). I wanted to know whether i could use embeddedICE as an interface
> for debugging with insight.Do i need any drivers for using it.Please
> let me know where i could find more details
> regarding this as i am quite new to this embeddedICE thing.
> All inputs would be greatly appreciated.

I have used the ARM EmbeddedICE on the PID board several times, and I
believe that there are probably others that are using it as well (they
may speak up soon ;-).

As I recollect, you do not need any drivers for this device. It is
parallel/serial and should work just fine.

As for the MultiICE, well.... I've heard a recent rumor that ARM is
nearly ready to release some header files which our MultiICE support
uses. Until this is done, we cannot release the code for this.

What kind of problems are you experiencing? Make sure that you have a
relatively new cygwin if you are working on Windows. I seem to recall
some problems there about a year ago.