Insight ?

Hi,

I've tried a few visual front ends for GDB, the last being CodeMedic but
found it so bug ridden it was a toil.

Being a Windows programmer for years I'm getting very interested in Linux
and have developed one project under FreeBSD.

I need a good debugger that allows me to set watches, examine variables etc
and was pleased to find Insight by trawling the Net.

Being fairly new to Linux (I've been using it on and off for about a year)
I'm not convinced that I've installed it correctly.

I downloaded 19990727.bz2, unzipped it to the tar file, un-tarred it and
rebuilt everything.

I then ran make install and it seemd to complete OK.

The installation seemed to create a load of files, including GDB itself and
left it in the insight-19990727 directory under my home directory.

Running either this gdb or the one in /usr/bin doesn't invoke the GUI
interface for Insight I was expecting.
It just gives plain old gdb.

Is their a command line switch for invoking the GUI ?

Thanks

Colin Johnson