Re: insight and existing gdb, tcl/tk

Scott Bean wrote:

> Yes, I agree.  I was too chicken to do a make install and just set things up
> myself.
>
> While I have your ear(s), I have a problem with the 'list' command.  When I do a
> 'list myfile.cc:1' in the console window, the source is only listed in the
> console window and not in the source window (the source window doesn't change at
> all).  This seems pretty odd to me, so I was wondering if I was doing something
> wrong or hadn't set it up properly.

Hi Scott,

No, you're not doing anything wrong.  The little console is only there to supply
some alternative way to do something that the GUI does not yet implement.
For instance, we still cannot insert hardware breakpoints in the GUI (mostly because
of a GDB deficiency -- it is in our TODO list nevertheless).  Another example is
some target-specific commands that are not generic so the GUI does not have any
control related to it. As such, it is not the right place to issue commands and the
GUI is not aware of most things you do there.  It is a sort of "back door".

There is another nice GUI feature to do what you want though (in addition to the
controls in the Source Window). Try the "Function Browser".

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser