Re: Insight 5.0 and GDB 5.0

Bruce Stephens wrote:

> You might try explicitly undefining TK_USE_INPUT_METHODS in
> src/tk/generic/tk.h.  In at least some linux X servers, this is quite
> expensive.  (There was discussion of this a year or two ago on
> comp.lang.tcl.)

Wow, this is made a big improvement for me.

Pre this fix it took 6 seconds for *each* "next/step"
in the same file and 9 seconds if the program went into
a new file (I timed it). The green highlight moved very
quickly (<= 1sec) but the cursor stayed busy for 5+
seconds.

The same thing happened when I use the "Continue
to here" popup menu item: 1 sec to move the green
highlight and 5 seconds of busy cursor.

Now 6 seconds per step may not sound like much but
try stepping thru a few hundred instructions and it really
does slow one down.

Thanks

(Let me change hats now)
As an internationalization (i18n) engineer I must ask:

    Does this "fix" disable non-ascii input?