Re: Has anyone run into this crash before?

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Eray Ozkural wrote:

> Mo DeJong wrote:
> >
> > I have been seeing lots of core dumps in insight when
> > expanding a variable in the watch window (by clicking
> > on the little + symbol). When I look at it in
> > gdb, I get a stack trace like this:
>
> My watch window freezes when I try ot expand some C++
> variables like instances of complex classes (with inheritance
> and templates)
>
> I can provide a test case if you'd like.

A really small test case would be great. My problem
is that I run into this bug in some really wacky
and complex situation after my own app has
crashed. Then Insight crashes, and I am extra
miffed because I just lost the real crash in
my application (no core file).

I was using the most recent code from the CVS,
and I can't reproduce the crash.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc