Re: Cannot run from build directory

Jim Ingham wrote:

> Fernando,
>
> Thanks for this AND all your other efforts on behalf of Insight!!!  I know
> pushing this issue forward is in great part your own initiative (and
> probably evenings too, though I hope not).  It is much appreciated!

Insight is a very sexy debugger GUI.  It deserves some attention.

I would not be able to do anything alone.  I am getting lots of help.  I have been
bugging you and Keith a lot and I know that you guys have other responsibilities
in your respective companies.  You guys have also helped a lot with the list.
Thanks a lot!

Mo, have also helped a lot.  He has registered bugs, suggestions and helped people on the
list as well (despite all the work he has to do on Source Nav already). Syd is keeping our
version of Tcl/Tk and working a lot to move us to the latest version of things.  He also jumps in
for clarifications when these issues show up in the list.   Chris Faylor and
Tom Tromey have also helped with the list, among other things. Several folks from gdb land
have been helping tracking down bugs that are related to interactions between the GUI and
the core code. Not to mention the managers here at Red Hat who did all they could to allow
me to work on it.  I have bugged Karen, Chris and Eric a lot to get funding for Insight.
Thanks, thanks, thanks!

And there is more help coming now.  Other people from the net are becoming interested
and willing to help. There are already more people trying to help others in the list,
some people helping me track some bugs (I took the intermediate messages off the list to
minimize traffic) and people asking how they can contribute.  Thanks folks!

But we won't go far unless more people from the net jumps in. We will have to make working
in Insight easier for this to happen, but I guess this will come with continuous
maintenance.

P.S.: Yes, evenings too, unfortunately.  But I believe that is because of the backlog.
I hope it will soon get a little more bearable and as more people start to help with
fixing bugs, improvements and list help things will get back to normal.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com