twothreads in PPC simulator

Not sure where to go with this one, but I thought I'd try you guys first...

I'm trying to use eCos for PowerPC, and right now I don't have the
hardware, so I was configuring it for the PowerPC simulator.  I built the
twothreads example program, and tried debugging it in Insight.  My problem
is that when I interrupt the program while it is running, I cannot get
information on the threads (i.e. thread-specific breakpoints don't work,
thread list is empty, 'info threads' in console window doesn't return
anything).  The same thing happens in -nw mode.  I double-checked, and eCos
is configured for multithreaded debugging (I just used the default PowerPC
simulator template, and added the IP stack package).  My versions are as
follows:

gcc - 2.95.2  19991024
gdb - 5.0
eCos - 1.3.1