Re: Insight Actually work or is it just an alpha orpre-alpha?

hi Jim,

how do I figure out the cygwin version.  I was looking in the cygcheck
output but didn't see it.
is there another way?

I'm sort of interested in doing the "build the .exe's yourself" way of doing
things. I think it would
be pretty good experience for me.  I've built one gnu utility which had a
configure script and it
was pretty cool.  I'd like to step it up and learn more about this and also
get a Insight working
with my cygwin install.

So how exactly does cygwin build itself? does make first output builds to a
temp directory and then
you run install to update your cygwin installation?  Does the "snapshot" of
cygwin come with all the
configure,makefile,source, etc needed to build it? I'm wondering because I
had the impression that
the snapshots give you only what you choose and you might not realize you're
missing something until
after you try to build, or do they package/group the snapshots up pretty
good to make it simpler for us?

Only other thing is how do you backout a bad install? does the "install.exe"
utility have a way to "uninstall"?

Sorry for the sudden burst of questions.

thanks,
/dave