Re: Problems with GDB 5.0

Ralf Ramrath wrote:

> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> I am testing the GDB 5.0 Release and have some problems with it. Perhaps, you
> could be so nice and help me:
>
> After, I had added an expression ( e.g. an instance of a class ) to the
> watch-list and then tried to view some attributes of it, I received the
> following message:
>
> ( Sorry, but I have the german-version of NT4 )
> Translated:  The Instruction in address "0x6633a3b7" refers to "0x1b" ( memory
> space). The procedure "read" could not be processed....
>
> After I received the message, the GDB-Window disappears and I have to restart
> the application.

Can you tell me EXACTLY what you did to make it do this?

Crashes associated with variable viewing (in Source, Locals, or Watch
windows) are usually a result of Insight holding onto some temporary gdb
data which is lost when a program is re-run. We identified a bug some
months ago which would result in this behavior. I don't know if a fix
was ever checked in.