Re: segmentation fault on exit in Insight 5.0

>>Hello again,
>>
>>I tried downloading the gdb/Insight 5.0 release, and still have the same
>>problem (SIGSEGV when exiting).  Here's the complete backtrace (actually,
>>all output) from debugging the Insight session.  All I did was start
>>Insight with my .gdbinit file and immediately exit.  Note that the line
>>numbers for remote.c may not match yours exactly, as I have some stuff
>>specific to our particular setup in there.  I am connecting to a remote
>>m68k via Remote/Serial at 38400 baud.  I am running Cygwin
1.1.0(0.18/3/2)
>>(from uname -r) on WINNT 4.0 (Build 1381: Service Pack 6).  Any help on
>>this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>>
>>GNU gdb 4.17.1
>         ^^^^^^
>This is not gdb 5.0.
>
>cgf

No, I realize that 4.17.1 is not 5.0.  But you must have misunderstood me.
I was debugging the Insight/gdb 5.0 cross-debugger for m68k, and to debug
it I was using my local gdb, which happens to be 4.17.1.  (In other words,
the command I entered to get the above output was "gdb m68k-coff-gdb".)
The segmentation violation is in Insight 5.0, not gdb 4.17.1.  Please take
a look at the rest of the output dump if you want to see the problem.  I
could not show the output from Insight 5.0, because the fault only occurs
when I use the GUI.

Nicholas Karagas
Associate Software Engineer
Cirilium Corporation