Re: prompt in console window

Nicholas,

Control-C actually means copy in the console window, as God intended :-)
However, wiring up the stop button so that it would also interrupt macros
might not be a bad idea...  Or using Control-. or escape are other good
options.

Remember also that in most GUI applications, Control-C does not generate a
SIGINT, since the GUI wants to handle all the key sequences itself.  So to
interrupt a macro while it is running, gdb would have to be giving control
periodically back to the GUI.  Don't know whether this is true or not...

Jim