Remote Debugging Revisited

I hope you all could give me a hand with a little problem I'm having.
This may be more of a gdb thing than insight, but I'll try anyway.  I am
trying to set up remote debugging over ethernet.  I start up gdb server
with the host name and port number and my executable program, test, as
arguments, like this:

gdbserver beru:2345 test

Then I fire up gdb(i.e. Insight) on my host and try to use target remote
from the gdb console to connect, the target display then a line that
says "remote debugging using beru:2345.  All of this seems good, but
then when I get to the Insight window, I cannot list the program or run
it, or anything.

If anyone has any thoughts, please help me.

Thanks,
Michael E Crowe
mike@timesys.com