three notes on setting breakpoints

Today I'm an Insight bug-reporting machine.  I'm using it to debug gcj
(the Java front end to gcc), and sometimes stubs I'm generating from
gcj, both of which are fairly nasty tests.

Hey, Jim -- don't feel like you have to reply to all of these
messages.  I'm assuming you're noting them for the happy day that you
can spend doing Insight hacking.

(First, I noticed that Insight saves my command-line arguments between
sessions.  This is cool!  I wish it saved them based on the exec file,
though, because I have a different set of arguments when I debug the
other program I'm working on today.  This is note #1.)

gcj has two files named "expr.c" -- gcc/expr.c and gcc/java/expr.c.  I
want to set a breakpoint on `build_jni_stub', my new function in
gcc/java/expr.c.  I decided to try, this time, to live without the
console if I could.

So, I went to the source window and used the combobox in the lower
left to show expr.c.  It shows the "wrong" (for my purposes) expr.c.
There is apparently no way to convince it to show the right one.  That
means I can't find the function I want to set a breakpoint on it.

Ideally I'd like to see "expr.c" and "java/expr.c" in the combobox.
Even seeing "expr.c" twice would be ok.  ISTR that getting the right
information out of gdb here is a pain though.  (Note #2.)

Also, I noticed that the contents of the function combobox are not
sorted alphabetically.  They almost are.  I don't understand what I'm
seeing, because they also aren't in the order they appear in the
source file.  They are sorted from clear_pending_stack_adjust to
use_regs, and then sorted from clear_by_pieces to var_rtx.  Weird.
(Note #3.)

The breakpoint window doesn't provide me with a way to set an
arbitrary breakpoint.  So in my case I seem to be forced to use the
Console window -- which I understand isn't all that well supported :-(
(Ok, note #4, which I didn't mention in the subject.)

Tom