Re: How do you start insight

   Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:16:52 -0800
   From: martinj <martinj@nwlink.com>

   It appears to have installed a bunch
   of stuff I already had with RedHat 6.1
   with the exception of this Insight Viusal
   Debugger.

   Although the docs spend a great deal of
   time talking about it, I can't figure out how
   to start the damn  thing.

   Could one of you spot me a clue?

The program is still called "gdb", but as usual for windowed apps, you
need to have DISPLAY set correctly and so forth.  Then it should
automatically open up windows and such.  We designed the behavior to
mimic Emacs, which brings up X windows if possible but drops back to
curses otherwise.

I've been thinking that we ought to have a symlink "insight" -> "gdb",
since it seems a number of people go looking for that.

   Nice to spend $80 bucks for something
   you already had all along.  I'll be more
   careful next time... Nice scam Cygnus

Well, at least I know I'll be in the jail cell adjacent to SuSE, Red
Hat, Caldera, etc - we can set up a little LAN and hack. :-)

However, from my experience with building complex packages from
source, and comparing to my hourly rates, $80 seems like a bargain!
Not only that, but you get free advice from friendly Cygnus
engineers...

								Stan