19991011 snapshot bug displaying asm (cross-debugging)

First off, sorry 'bout sending this to you rather than the list (or
creating a problem report). My home machine (which I'm using for this)
is rather connectivity-challenged at the moment, largely limiting me
to email. (Actually, these are political rather than technical
limitations... but that's another discussion).

If you'd be so kind as to forward this wherever it would do the most
good (one of the mailing lists, perhaps?) or create an appropriate
entry in the bug-tracking database, I'd be appreciative.

Thanks! (Btw, I don't mind helping to debug a bit of C code, but this
TCL-based stuff is a bit different than what I'm used to. If you can
track the problem to something in C, I wouldn't mind trying to throw a
few hours at it).

---

Good day. I've done a bit of hacking at Insight, and (with the help of
some patches written for gdb 4.18 by others) am presently using it for
remote-debugging a PalmOS-based app. However, displaying MIXED mode
appears to hang (It's possible that there's just a lot going on over
the serial connection; I've not looked into this), and displaying ASM
or SRC+ASM mode results in a segfault in tclUtil.c while trying to
eval "namespace inscope ::SrcWin {::.srcwin0.srcwin mode}
.srcwin0.srcwin.container.pane3.childsite.con.mode ASSEMBLY; unset
::combobox::.srcwin0.srcwin.container.pane3.childsite.con.mode::widgets(after)"
as the interpreter tries to increase the reference count for an object
supposedly located at 0xe.

Requesting disassembly in the console, by contrast, works fine.

This does not occur when locally debugging a native target. I'm
uncertain as to whether it's the remote debugging or non-native target
which is causing this error.

If you want a full diff between my copy and the snapshot, just ask.

Thanks!

PGP signature