Re: INSIGHT: with GNU cross-compilers.

   Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 13:47:06 +1000
   From: Brendan Simon <brendan@dgs.monash.edu.au>

   I have tried out Insight on a Cygwin installation and think it is great
   (probably not quite as powerful as DDD at this stage but at least I
   don't need an X Server running).  This makes it easy for my non-unix
   savy colleagues.

What are the DDD features you would most like to see in Insight??

   I have compiled egcs-1.1.2 as a powerpc-eabi cross compiler hosted on
   Linux and also hosted on cygwin.  Can Insight be used as a frontend to
   powerpc-eabi-gdb ?  I've done this with DDD and Linux so I was hoping
   Insight would do something similar (especially in the Win32
   environment).

Insight's first public demo (ESC '97) was for Windows x powerpc-eabi
target, and it ships regularly with Cygnus powerpc-eabi releases, so
it's pretty likely to work... :-)

Even better, the target dialog is complete enough to let you do all
the connection/download setup without typing any commands at all!

								Stan